This is the best of both worlds. A cheesecake layer and a gelatin later. For the gelatin, pick flavors you like. Vanilla is always a good choice for the pudding in the cheesecake layer, but feel free to change flavors. Least we forget the cookie layer, Leibniz Butter Cookies can be a little hard finding but well worth it.
How To Make Jello Cheesecake (No Bake)
Have your ingredients ready. Place the room temperature cream cheese into a bowl. Add the sugar and rum extract.
Mix together until the sugar dissolves. Add the pudding mix, mix unit it dissolves and the cheesecake thickens. Set up for assembling the cheesecake section. I place a quarter sheet pan extender on a piece of parchment paper on top of a half sheet pan. If you do not have a pan extender, use a 9-inch x 13-inch (23 cm x 33 cm) cake pan.
Spread a layer of Leibniz Butter Cookies (or graham crackers) over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with water to moisten. Spread the cheesecake filling over the crackers and level.
Top the cheesecake layer with a layer of butter cookies. Sprinkle the butter cookies with some water. At this point, freeze the cheesecake layer 10 to 15 minutes to set firm. Prepare the gelatin following the quick set instructions in the recipe.
Remove the cheesecake layer from the freezer, Spread the gelatin over the cheesecake layer. Once all the gelatin has been added, refrigerate until the gelatin is set, at least 4 hours. Cut with a hot knife.
Jello Cheesecake (No Bake) Recipe
- 2 pounds Philadelphia Spreadable Cream Cheese (2 packages at 16 ounces each or 3 packages at 12 ounces) (approx 910g to 1000g), room temperature see note 1
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding (4 serving size)
- 1 teaspoon Rum extract (5 mL)
- as needed heavy cream or milk (if needed to think cream cheese more - see note 1)
- Butter Cookies as needed Leibniz Butter Cookies or graham crackers
- water (to moisten crackers)
- 2 packages Jello (4 serving size)
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water and enough ice to make 2-1/2 cups.
- Place the room temperature cream cheese spread in a bowl. Add the granulated sugar. Mix well sugar is dissolved.
- Add the instant pudding mix and the rum extract. Mix until the pudding is dissolved and starting to set.
- Prepare you pan. I used a half sheet baking pan lined with a piece of parchment paper and a pan extender so I could life it off for a beautiful presentation. If you do not have this set up, just use a 9x13-inch glass pan or a baking pan.
- Cover the bottom with Leibniz Butter Cookies (Keebler buttery club crackers, graham crackers, butter cookies, etc), Sprinkle the butter cookies with some water to help moisten.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture over the butter cookies and level.
- Top with a layer of butter cookies. Sprinkle with water.
- Freeze for 10 to 15 minutes while you prepare the Gelatin,
- Place the gelatin packages into a mixing bowl.
- Add 1-1/2 cups boiling water. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup cold water and ice cubes to make 2-1/2 cups. Add to the gelatin. Mix until slightly thickened. Remove remaining ice. Continue with Assembly.
- Remove the cheesecake layer from the freezer.
- Ladle the gelatin over the crackers.
- Once all gelatin has been added, refrigerate until firm. At least 4 hours,
- Cut with a hot knife.