It’s hot out and you are in the mood for a nice chocolatey cookie, but you do not want to overheat the house. Simple solution, make some Chocolate Log Cookies.
Store bought Leibniz butter cookies are transformed into a delicious chocolate log cookie. All you need is a stove top and you are good to go.
These cookies are best when refrigerated and sliced at serving time. Enjoy!
Hot to Make a Chocolate Log Cookie – (No-Bake Cookie)
There are only a few ingredients. The hardest part is going to be breaking up the Leibniz butter cookies. (or substitute Graham crackers, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, snicker doodles, shortbread cookies so may different cookies to choose from will work here.) Measure out the remaining ingredients. In a large sauce pot (this will become our mixing bowl), place the margarine, sugar and whole milk. Heat on high and stir until the margarine melts.
Add the cocoa powder and continue to heat and stir until the mixture becomes a smooth sauce. At this point, remove from the heat.
Place a piece of plastic wrap on the table and place a lump of cookie mixture on it. Form it into a log. Wrap the log in the plastic wrap, forming a better log. Twist the ends tight and tie them well.
Cool the logs on the counter for at least 30 minutes, then refrigerate for at least one hour to firm up. At serving time, unwrap and slice the number of cookies needed. Make sure you keep the extra logs wrapped to prevent them from drying out. Enjoy this tasty treat.
Chocolate Log Cookie Recipe (No-Bake Cookie)
- 1 stick margarine (4 ounces or 100g)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150g)
- 1 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (21g)
- 1 pound chopped Leibniz butter cookies (450g) (petite buiere) (store bought or even graham crackers will work) broken up into small pieces.
- Measure out your ingredients.
- Break up you butter cookies into small pieces. I just broken up the cookies with my hands, but you can rough chop with a knife. You do not want the pieces very small.
- To a large pot, add the margarine, sugar and milk. Place on high heat and stir with a wooden spoon to mix.
- Once the margarine melts, add in the cocoa powder and continue stirring and heating until the cocoa powder creates a smooth sauce. Remove from heat.
- Add in the chopped butter cookies and stir well to coat and mix. This may take several minutes until you get a uniform mixture.
- Cut a piece of plastic wrap about 2 feet long and lay out on the table. Place a handful of cookie mixture on the wrap and form into a rough log.
- Wrap the cookie log with the plastic wrap, reshaping the log as you go. Twist the wrap tight as show in the video and tie both ends.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes on the counter.
- Refrigerate cookies until set. At least one hour.
- Serving -Slice logs into cookies at serving time. Keep logs wrapped tightly in plastic wrap to prevent drying out.