Chocolate Ganache is one of those base recipes you can use for so many things.
- Refrigerate until set and make truffles with it.
- Refrigerate until set then whip it nice and fluffy and use as a frosting/icing
- When warm, you can cover a cake or a treat for a wonderful coating
Once you master Chocolate Ganache, play around with the many different things you can do.
Measure out your ingredients, heat the heavy cream until simmering then pour into the chocolate pieces. Sit two minutes. Stir until melted.
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 9 ounces Bittersweet Baking Chocolate, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- Heat the heavy cream to a simmer.
- Place the chocolate pieces in a mixing bowl. Add the hot heavy cream. Allow to sit for two minutes.
- Stir until the chocolate has melted into the cream.
- All to cool some before using.
►Refrigerate until set then whip it nice and fluffy and use as a frosting/icing
►When warm, you can cover a cake or a treat for a wonderful coating
You can use other kinds of chocolate to make you ganache sweeter. Semi-Sweet chocolate, Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate all will work and will produce different flavors and textures.
Optional - Add some flavored extracts to change the flavor of you ganache - Raspberry, Strawberry, Orange, Lemon, Almond are all good choices. Use enough flavoring to taste. this works really well if you are creating homemade truffles.
Watch how easy it is to make.