How to Make the Best Strawberry Tart Recipe.
We made our basic tart dough, then we rolled it out and blind baked it into a tart shell. Also we have some vanilla custard/pastry cream made up so the last thing we have to do is slice some strawberries and assemble this lovely dessert.
Line up all your ingredients. The first thing we want to do is place a small dab of pastry cream onto our serving plate to hold the tart shell in place.
Place the tart shell on the serving plate. Fill with vanilla custard.
Add the strawberry slices, starting from the outside edge working you way to the center.
And you are done. If you like the shinny fruit that you see in the bakery, that is easy to do. Just melt some apricot jam in a pot until it is liquid then use a pastry brush to brush it on. The apricot jam gives it a nice shine and helps preserve the fruit. This tart must be refrigerated until serving since the custard is highly perishable.
- Apricot Jam, melted (for glaze topping)
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Place a dab of custard on the serving platter to keep the tart shell from sliding around.
- Place the tart shell on the serving platter.
- Fill the tart shell with vanilla custard/pastry cream.
- Layer the sliced strawberries, starting at the outside edge and working you way towards the center.
- Optional - Brush with melted apricot jam to give the fruit a shine/glaze.
- Store in refrigerator until serving.
Store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Assemble your tart with me!