The easiest and best coconut dessert is like an individual coconut cream pie served up professional bakery style. Some supplies may be a little hard to purchase at the local grocery store but you should find them in any specialty bakery supply shop. The acetate sheets is available in a roll or various size strips. I must admit the individual desserts look awesome when presented and really make you feel you are getting something super special.
Can you make this into a pie? Sure you can. This would make a great coconut cream pie, just double the crust and triple the coconut cream.
How To Make The Easiest and Best Coconut Dessert
Making the coconut cookie crust
Start out by measuring out your ingredients. Only use half of the coconut here since I measured out the amount needed for the entire recipe. For the vanilla cookies, use something you like, Nilla wafers, Vanilla Oreos or even a coconut flavored cookie – crush them up in the food processor or place in a heavy duty plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Mix the coconut with the cookie crumbs. Slowly add the butter and stir to mix well. You are looking for a mixture that clumps together like wet sand. Keep adding melted butter. If you have added all you melted butter and still need some more, add cream or milk a tablespoon at a time until it clumps together.
Time to measure for the food grade acetate. Wrap the acetate around the outside of the mold and give yourself about an inch overlap. Place the cut strip inside the mold and press against the outer wall. Hold overlap, remove and place a piece of tape on the non-food contact side (outside), Place acetate ring back in the mold. Place the ring molds on serving boards to assemble the desserts.
Add about 3 tablespoons of the crumb mixture to each ring mold and flatten the crumb to form a bottom crust. Place in the refrigerator for the crust to set.
Coconut Cream Filling
Measure the pudding mix into the coconut, set aside. Add the heavy cream to the stand mixer. With the wire whip attachment, whip until frothy and slowly start adding the coconut/pudding mix. Whip until stiff peaks form.
Assembly of the Coconut Cream Mini-Desserts
Place the whipped cream into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe the ring mold with the desired amount of whipped cream. Garnish with crushed pistachio nuts.
Remove ring molds. Refrigerate the coconut cream miini-desserts until serving time. Enjoy!
The Easiest and Best Coconut Dessert – Coconut Cream Mini-Desserts Recipe
- 5 ounces ground cookies (125g)(you choice of flavor - Nilla Wafers, Vanilla Oreos, A coconut bar Cookie etc)
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted (5 ounces)(100-130g)
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes (20g)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1+1/2 tablespoons pudding mix
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut flakes (20g)
- 4-5 tablespoons of powdered sugar (about 30g)
- crushed pistachios (optional)
- Toasted coconut
- Crust the cookies in a food processor or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- Place the crushed cookies in a bowl. Add the coconut and half of the butter. Stir to mix. You are looking for a wet sand texture where the cookies will clump together when pressed. Keep adding butter as needed, If you have added all of your butter and still need more, add cream one tablespoon at a time.
- Line the ring molds with food grade acetate and place on serving boards.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of the crumb mixture in the ring mold and press to form a crust. Refrigerate 10 minutes ti help set the crust while you make the coconut cream.
- Measure the powdered sugar, coconut and pudding mix into a small bowl and mix.
- Place the heavy cream in the stand mixer bowl and using the wire whip attachment, start whipping, Once the mixture becomes frothy, slowly start adding in the coconut-pudding mixture.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip with the coconut cream.
- Pipe the desired amount of coconut whipped cream into each ring mold.
- Top with optional toppings - crushed pistachios and/or toasted coconut.
- Keep refrigerated until serving time.
Watch How To Make The Easiest and Best Coconut Dessert