Recipe for a basic tart shell dough.
We are going to be making the dough for a tart shell. Just a few ingredients is all it takes. This dough much be chilled before rolling it out.
Gather all your ingredients. Add the butter and sugar to the stand mixer bowl and cream.
Add the egg and the vanilla extract. Mix to incorporated, making sure you scrap down the bowl.
Add the flour and mix about 30 seconds to incorporate. Turn out onto some plastic wrap, form a disc and wrap well. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before using.
- ¼ Cup Sugar (50 grams/2oz.)
- 9 Tablespoons Butter, room temperature (125 grams or 1 stick plus 1 Tbsp (4.4 oz.)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1-2/3 Cups All-Purpose Flour (200 grams / 7oz.)
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Add butter and sugar to the mixer bowl and cream together.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract. Incorporate and scrape down the bowl to ensure everything is well mixed.
- Add in the flour and mix until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Turn out the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, form a disc and wrap well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill.