This is a remake video. The first time I did this many things did not go well. And of course I was still learning how to do videos. This one is much better. Make some yourself. enjoy!
Hot To Make Cake Pops
Our ingredients. Cake scraps – any flavor you desire. Icing – Vanilla Swiss Buttercream today. Other items – melted chocolate, decorations, wooden sticks, parchment paper, gloves, tray.
Break the cake into smaller pieces. Add about 3/4 of the icing and mix well. If you need to ad more icing go right ahead. You do not want the cake pops too dry, Once the dough is mixed well, portion and roll into balls. I like weighing out 1 ounce (28g) balls, but a #100 disher 9cookie scoop) will work well too. Place the balls in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
Meanwhile, make sure you chocolate is melted and at a useable consistency/temperature. (85-90ºF/ 30-33ºC) Remove the cake balls from the freezer. Dad a little melted chocolate in the palm of your gloved hand. Roll a cake ball in the chocolate to give a light coating. Repeat with all remaining cake balls. Time to insert the sticks – dip about 1-inch(2.5 cm) into the melted chocolate and insert into the cake ball. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
I use a fork/spoon to help coat the cake pop with chocolate, I find I lose less that way. Shake off the excess chocolate and sprinkle with the desired topping of your choice. Coconut flakes, confetti decorations. . .
Crushed nuts/walnuts . . . melted chocolate.
Cake Pop Recipe
- 1 thick layer of cake or cake scraps (any flavor you desire)
- 2 cups Swiss Meringue Buttercream (any flavor you want)
- cake pop sticks
- Decorations as desires
- melted Chocolate
- Place the cake/cake scraps in a bowl and break into smaller pieces.
- Add ¾ of the buttercream to the cake crumbs, Mix well. Test it to see if it is too dry, if so add more buttercream.
- Form you cake balls. One ounce (about 30g) is a great size. Optionally use a #100 disher/cookie scoop. Place on parchment/wax paper and freeze for 10 minutes to set.'
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate and prepare the decorations.
- Remove the cake balls from the freezer., Place a dab of chocolate on your gloved palm and roll a call ball to coat lightly. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
- Time to insert the sticks. Dip one end of the stick about 1-inch (2.5cm) into some melted chocolate. Shake off the excess chocolate. Press the stick into a call ball about half way through. Repeat until all cake balls have sticks.
- Coating the cake pops. I found it is best to use a fork/spoon to coat the pop as opposed to dipping it. When I dip, I lose too many. Shake off the excess chocolate then sprinkle with the desired topping. Repeat on the others.
Watch How To Make Cake Pops