An Orange Confectioner’s Glaze is a simple mixture of sugar and a liquid and maybe some flavoring. They are quick to make and set with a crust.
Orange Glaze Recipe
A simple quick orange glaze used on pastries, pies, some cakes and quick breads.
Recipe type: Frosting
Serves: ¾ cup
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar, sifted
- zest from 1 Orange
- 2-3 tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- ½-1 teaspoons Orange Extract, to taste, as desired - Optional
- a few drops Orange Food Coloring,optional
- Sift the confectioner's sugar to remove lumps and place is a mixing bowl.
- Add the orange juice, a tablespoon at a time, and stir well. It will not take much liquid to incorporate all the sugar. Add orange extract, if desired to taste and orange food coloring if desired.