A Confectioner’s Glaze is a simple mixture of sugar and a liquid and maybe some flavoring. They are quick to make and set with a crust.
Confectioner's Glaze Recipe
A simple quick glaze used on pastries, pies, some cakes and quick breads.
Recipe type: Frosting
Serves: ¾ cup
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons Milk, more as needed
- 1-2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract, to taste or use another flavor as desired.
- Food Coloring - as required, color your choice, optional
- Sift the confectioner's sugar to remove lumps and place is a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk, a tablespoon at a time, and stir well. It will not take much liquid to incorporate all the sugar. Add extracts and food colorings is desired.