Momma always said her mother made the best cookies. Well in this case, she is not joshing. These are one of the best cookies you will ever taste! Try them today.
How to Make Easy Vegan Cookies
Measure out the ingredients. For the sesame seeds, they need to be toasted. To toast them, place in a dry pan on low heat and toast until fragrant and lightly browned. Place the flours, baking powder, sugar, anise seed and toasted sesame seeds in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
Add the canola (vegetable) oil, olive oil and water. Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Use you hand if it becomes to hard to mix with the wooden spoon.
Take a piece of cookie dough about the size of a walnut and roll in you hands like a meat ball, then elongate it into a cigar shape. Place the cookie on a wire mesh sieve (or screen) and use 3 fingers to flatten then start rolling the cookie towards you as shown in the video,
Once the cookie starts to roll over on top of itself, help it along to form a pipe, there should be anopen center. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Repeat for all remaining cookies. When done, bake in a preheated 350ºF/177ºC oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cookies lightly brown on the edges, Cool before eating.
Easy Vegan Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (250)
- 2-1/4 cups self rising flour (250g)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder (5g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- ⅔ cup toasted sesame seeds (100g)
- ¼ cup anise seeds (about ⅞ ounce)(25g)
- 1 cup canola oil (vegetable) (237mL)
- ½ cup olive oil (120mL)
- ½ cup of warm water (120mL)
- Measure out all ingredients
- Toast sesame seeds, if needed, by placing in a dry pan and toasting on low heat until fragrant and lightly toasted.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flours, baking powder, sugar, anise seeds and sesame seeds. Mix well.
- Add the canola oil, olive oil and water. Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough forms, changing to mixing with you hands when you can no longer mix with the spoon.
- To form the cookies, grab a piece of dough about the size of a walnut and roll like a meatball then shape into a cigar. Place the cookie on a wire mesh sieve (or screen) and flatten with 3 fingers then pull toward you to start the cooking rolling up. When you can no longer roll the cookie, lift the front end over and continue to roll into a pipe with a hallow center. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350ºF/177ºF oven for 20-30 minutes or until the edges and sides start to lightly brown.
- Cool before eating. Store in an air tight container.
Watch How To Make Easy Vegan Cookies