The Best Secret Chocolate Cake Recipe. This is my secret recipe I have decided to share. Please make it and comment on how it turns out.
Measure the ingredients. Sift the dry ingredients together then place in a work bowl.
Add the sugar to the work bowl and stir with a whisk to mix well. Place the butter and yogurt in a saucepan.
Place the saucepan on the stove and heat on low until the butter is melted. Do not boil. Remove from the heat and add the cocoa powder. Stir well to combine, there should be no lumps.
Pour the chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well to combine, about 2 minutes, there should be no lumps. Add the eggs one at a time making sure to mix well in between.
Pour into a prepared pan. Bake in a 350ºF/177ºC oven for 30 to 40 minutes until done or a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Pour sauce over top. Enjoy!
- 1-3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- pinch of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Instant Coffee Granules (optional)
- 1-1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Butter (2 sticks)
- 1-1/2 cup Yogurt
- ¾ cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Whiskey (optional)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Measure out all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 177ºC
- Prepare a cake pan by greasing with professional bakery pan grease.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt and instant coffee granules.
- Place the sifted dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the granulated sugar and whisk together well. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the butter and yogurt. Place on the stove and heat over low heat until melted.
- Remove from heat and add the cocoa powder. Stir until well combines.
- Add the cocoa sauce to the dry ingredients; whisk about 2 minutes to combine to get the lumps out.
- To the large eggs, add the whiskey(if using) and the vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the cake batter, mixing well to incorporate each time.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake at 350ºF/177ºC for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to cooling racks.