You may have seen the instructions that call you to grease and flour you baking pan or to use a flour containing cake release spray, well, I have something much better for you! Professional Style Bakery Pan Grease.
It is extremely easy to make. Only takes 3 ingredients and the recipe scales up or down very easily.
- 1 cup Vegetable Shortening (Crisco®)
- 1 cup Margarine (stick type)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Add add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until they are well combined.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Thaw to room temperature before using.
- Use a pastry brush to generously coat the inside of the baking pan making sure you get into the corners, cover the bottom and the sides. If you add a piece of wax paper or parchment paper in the bottom on the pan, add the paper into a prepared pan and regrease the paper to allow for easy removal when the cake is baked.
May be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 months and a year in the freezer. Bring back to room temperature before using. If stored at room temperature use withing 4 weeks.
Equal parts, by volume of flour, vegetable shortening and margarine. So simple.