My good friend Pastry Chef Gretchen Price is a former owner of Woodland Bakery in Chatham, NJ. She also operated two former web blog one as CrumbBoss.com and the other was WoodlandBakeryBlog.com. New site is Gretchen’s Bakery. You will find some of the best recipes on the internet. Gretchen also sell several cake decorating kits which I reviewed when she was “Crumb Boss” several years back.
While the information about the kits has changed (where to get them) the basic content remains the same and the technique to decorate cupcakes is unchanged
Let Review the decorating kits available at Gretchen’s Bakery.
This kit contains the smaller tip. Included in this kit is
- Ateco #8 straight round tip for beaded borders and scrolls
- Ateco #2 straight round tip for writing and fine line detail piping
- Ateco #48 Basketweave tip for making basket weave design
- Ateco #23 Star tip for shell borders and scroll work
- Ateco #104 Petal tip for making roses and daisies and swag designs
- Ateco #68 Leaf tip for making leaves and unique borders
- Ateco coupler for interchanging pastry tubes on the same bag
- Ateco Flower Nail – Large for forming buttercream flowers
- Decorating Triangle – add a professional flare to your cakes! 3 different designs.
- Arrow Thermo Pastry Bag – 16″
This kit contains the larger tips. Included are
- Ateco #909899 Special Large Cake Icer Tip
- Ateco #826 Star Tip
- Ateco #866 French Star Tip
- Ateco #234 Grass Tip
- Ateco Thermo Pastry Bag – 18″
- 2 each Clear disposable pastry bags.
Watch my review of these kits from May 29, 2014.
updated 21 July 2015.